ABOUT GRAND CAYMAN
Located in the western Caribbean Sea, the Cayman Islands – comprised of Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman – are known for their pristine white beaches and beautiful tropical weather. Among the three islands, Grand Cayman is the largest, featuring various shopping hubs and financial institutions. A favourite destination for beach vacationers, Grand Cayman offers ideal conditions for diving, snorkeling, deep-sea fishing, jet boating, and other popular water activities.
Some facts about Grand Cayman Island:
- George Town - the capital of Cayman Islands - is located in Grand Cayman
- Population is 52,601 as of 2010
- Ethnic groups: mixed 40%, white 20%, black 20%, expatriates of various ethnic groups 20%
- Currency: CI dollar
- Airport: Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM)
- Summer season (May-October) is the rainy season of the island; winter season (November-April) is least rainy and therefore more enjoyable
For your next beach vaction, why don't consider staying at the Grand Cayman Island?
Explore our Cayman Reef Resort condo units